- Lives in Highlands Ranch, CO.
- Vietnam Veteran of the U.S. Army
- Conservative Republican
- Party Precinct Committee Person (2014, 2016)
- Currently operates an interstate trucking company.
- Born in St. Joseph, MO. His father served in the during WWII in the Pacific Theater.
- Earned the Air Medal for combat flight hours.
- Graduated as an Accounting major from Missouri Western State University with a B.S. in Business Administration.
- Former Public Accountant
- Former Business Manager for a commercial greenhouse company, and owned a horticultural venture operating a greenhouse and floral shop.
- Building company Distribution Specialist.
- Corporate Logistics Manager, responsible for all transportation processes of 12 manufacturing plants and 12 warehouse locations.
- Trained in Six Sigma methodology: Developed and implemented transportation processes that saved millions in transportation costs.
- Started a regional trucking company called Six Sigma Logistics Solutions which hauls building material in CO, KS, MO, OK, and TX. Starting with one truck, the company now has seven semi-trucks and professional drivers.
State of Missouri Jasper County Republican Committee
Edwards was elected to represent his precinct on the Jasper County Republican Committee. After serving two terms, Edwards voluntarily term-limited himself.
State of Colorado Douglas County Republican Party
In 2014, volunteered as a Precinct Committee Person and was elected at caucus as a representative to the Douglas County Assembly, and then to the Colorado Republican State Assembly.
In 2016, conducted the caucus meeting and was elected as a representative to the Douglas County Assembly, 18th Judicial Assembly, and on to the State Assembly. One of 600-plus delegates who campaigned to represent Colorado at the Republican National Convention.
Edwards is a member of Cherry Hills Community Church.
Member of Liberty Toastmasters.
Life member of VFW
Member of the Fort Logan All-Veteran Honor Guard